Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Colorado

Rain this morning. Western Colorado. 


570 miles to Las Vegas! 
'I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.'!


 
I 76 the road to nowhere!

A couple of agricultural photos.

U

Heading into the Rocky Mountains. I had been along side them before but never through them! Spectacular!


The local homes west of Denver!


Beautiful Rocky Mountains. This is I 70.


Watch for falling rock!


11,002 feet is way up there!


Eisenhower Tunnel


Going through. 


Going down! Not a fan of steep hills (mountains)!


Vail. Finally!


The view of Vail from Erin's deck. 


Tired kitties. They were happy for some room to roam, a stroll out on the deck and nap time without motion!

Look at that! We even found a covered bridge!


In Vail Village.


A panorama of one of the buildings in the in Vail.

We had dinner at the Sonnenalp Swiss Chalet. That is the restaurant where Erin is a server. Her friends treated us so well. Everything was delicious. We had cheese fondue, summer salad and elk carpaccio for appetizers. 


And a nice Riesling wine. 


Followed by Raclette Matterhorn cooked at the table. Also yummy!


This is Erin picking out wine to pair with the main course. She just passed a test to become a level 1 sommelier. The wine list is so extensive they keep it on an IPad! Winepad!


The dinner wine was a red that went well with filet mignon and the chocolate fondue.


My favorite part of the meal ... Desert!


This is everyone after 2 bottles of wine at 8000 feet and a special time with Erin.


Did I mention it was about 60 degrees there after a cold front went through. I was freezing except when we were cooking at the table.

After dinner we left Erin in Vail 😔 and headed another hour and a half down the road. We dropped another 2000 feet and stayed in Rifle, Colorado. To get there we traveled through a narrow canyon for many miles. I think I am happy I couldn't see it!


A few more shots of Colorado.


Colorado River


More tunnels.


We are in Utah now and it's my turn to drive. Catch you all later.

It's all about the journey!

Nancy and Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment