Wednesday, May 27, 2015

50 Shades of Green or Taxi-Mom

Mt. Mansfield in the distance.
Dan has been keeping an eye on things in Las Vegas while I am in Vermont.  Jordan had his ACL replaced last Wednesday. He is doing well one week later. PT started and first follow-up with the surgeon complete.  I wish I could say he is on the road to a full recovery but he will have another surgery when a cartilage transplant can be organized.  He is on a transplant list and will need to be on crutches until the transplant happens. But he is in good spirits and we are thankful that a repair can take place at some point.  

Souvenir screw from his first surgery!
Quality time on the CPM.
On a positive note I am in Vermont for my absolute favorite week! The week when everything turns green.  50 shades of green or more! Not to mention all of the trees and shrubs that are flowering. Beautiful. The high temperature has ranged from 54 to 88 since I arrived in Vermont.




Mother's Day was great as I was with BOTH of my kids.  Erin was here for a week's vacation as well. Yay!

Erin treated me to a Mother Daughter pedicure.  Sweet!


I am missing my Taigo and Sage but Riley is keeping me company.  We take a walk around the neighborhood twice each day.

Riley

Lap dog. Taigo would be jealous.
Watch dog.
I spent quite a bit of time behind the wheel of Jordan's Subaru Outback.  Nice car.  Aside from my daily trek from Fairfax to Williston I drove Jordan home from surgery, to physical therapy and to the doc's office for a post-op visit. We did a little outing on our way to see the doctor that ended up with lunch at Al's French Fries! Yum. I also made a trip to Manchester, New Hampshire to drop Erin off at the airport.  She is a thrifty frequent flyer and I think it cost her something like 20 bucks to fly to Denver from Manchester and she could check 2 bags free!!!  So Taxi-Mom is my nickname this week. I have to mention that before Smartphones I use to be Google-Mom.  Erin would call me from Chicago and get me to look up something online for her usually related to directions.  I once used Google to find her a coffee shop while she waited for several hours for a car repair!

Taxi-Mom
I am back home in Las Vegas now.  Dan and the cats were all happy to see me! No new adventures this week but we have been working on the backyard. Added a new table and chairs so we can eat out on the patio.  We also bought metal trellises for the vines, we cut back this fall, to hang out on. Getting ready for our first full summer in Summerlin. We still can't believe we are here.  10 months already since we left Vermont.  Time flies.  

It's all about the journey!

Have a great summer everyone!

Nancy and Dan

1 comment: