Friday, August 1, 2014

Finding Our Way Around

It's Friday already! Although I'm having a hard time keeping track of what day it is! 
I am feeling exhausted! Wednesday Dan worked, I shopped, did laundry and organized our little home.

When Dan was free in the afternoon we drove around to preview the houses/areas I would visit on Thursday with the realtor. 

Of course I forgot to bring water, something that should go everywhere with you out here! So we stopped to get water and a couple other items we needed. Dan couldn't resist this photo opp. 


We didn't even buy any donuts until the next morning. YUM. Interesting process of making and frying them. We scored free 'samples' hot off the conveyor belt. Light and airy.


On with our tour. The gated communities we could only see from the outside. The one house that wasn't in a gated area that I was interested in is nearish to my sister. Dan took one look at the neighborhood and we were out of there! 
We ended up doing a giant loop. 2 of the places we were interested in were only a couple of blocks apart but we didn't know that until we started passing familiar looking streets. I love my Google Maps but I think a paper map would be nice. I'll be on the lookout for one. 

We then ventured down to the Strip for a drive-by visit. 




It was beginning to get busy so we got off the Strip in search of gas and some pizza!  While we were stopped for gas I asked Seri to find pizza near me. There were several 'pizza places nearby'. A 10th of a mile away was one with good Yelp reviews. So we headed almost across the street to Gianna's Villa Pizza. We had a great pepperoni and mushroom pizza (large on special for 9.99). 


The guys, Ziggy and Felix, who were running the place were a hoot. We visited with them for quite a while. After our bill came Ziggy rushes out of the kitchen and tells us not to leave yet he had something for us.  Pretty soon he is back with a free piece of Lemon Italian Cream cake,


Heaven. So far all of the people we have met have been super nice. We will definitely go to Gianna's again!

It is monsoon season here which means the humidity is about 30% and it might rain in the afternoon while a thunderstorm is passing. We haven't seen rain yet! 

We see lots of people using ☔️ to keep the sun off them when walking or waiting for the bus though.

Speaking of finding my way around... Apparently I still need lessons in climbing the right number of flights of stairs before trying my key in the lock of the room directly below ours. What's worse after trying the key card and knocking on the door of the 'wrong' room I called Dan to let me in. He laughed and said, 'I'm opening our door ... Where are you.?' Duh!

Here are a few night shots of Vegas from our hotel.




And my favorite ... Love the colors!

Have a great evening. Tomorrow I'll tell you about house hunting.

It's all about the journey!

Nancy and Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment